The motor does not rotate and outputs current is too high at start
Solutions: Causes- The load is too high.it can be solved by using manual/auto torque boost and changing some parameter
- Manual Torque Boost: Slightly increase the forward or reverse boost in dr-16 or dr 17 (L&T drive). if the torque boost level is too high a trip may occur such as IOL ERROR MESSAGE.
- Auto Torque Boost(ATB): SET dr-15 to1 and then adjust the values in dr-26-28.
- Start Frequency: increase the start frequency in dr-19 (ex. 0.5→1.0→1.5→2.0hz).
- User V/f Pattern: when bA→07 is set to 2, user V/f pattern can be set according to the application and motor characteristics
There is a disturbing humming sound at the motor
Solutions: Causes:- increase or decrease the carrier frequency in Cn-04
When the drive is running my earth leakage circuit breaker (ELCB) trips.
Solutions: Causes:– ELCB Will disconnect the power if leakage current flow to grounding during drive operation
- Solutions: connect the drive to a ground terminal.
- Solutions: check if ground resistance is less than 100 Ω to 200 V class.
- Solutions: check the capacity of ELCB connect it to the drive according to the rated current of the drive
- Solutions: reduce the carrier frequency in Cn-04
- Solutions: Attempt to keep the cable distance from the drive to motor short as possible
How do I Reset the drive back to factory default settings?
Solutions: Set dr-93 to 1(All group) and press the enter X2. Dr-93 is displayed again when the initialization has been completed
How do I adjust the time it takes the motor to speed up and down.
Solutions: Adjust the acceleration time in ACC and Deceleration time dEC.
How do I prevent the drive from tripping on an OV Fault (over-voltage)while the motor is ramping down?
Solutions-1: Increase the declaration time in dEC
Solutions-2: Activate flux braking in Pr-50. Activating the very first bit on the left
Solutions-3: A DB Resistor may be installed due to the characteristics of the load
How to drive preventing overload Fault?
Solutions-: Verify motor rated current in bA-13 & motor overload parameter setting Pr-20(overload trip selection), Pr-21(overload trip level) and Pr-22(overload trip time)
5 thoughts on “VFD’S common problems troubleshooting solutions (L&T DRIVE)”
Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the challenges. It was really informative. Your website is extremely helpful. Thank you for sharing!
Itís hard to come by knowledgeable people for this subject, but you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks
Drive operation time display shown OUT fault.
Partha sarathi Rout please connect your motor or check your connection.