WHAT IS A IP ADDRESS AND HOW To COMMUNICATION DEVICE
Computer Networking:- Today world is very fast to invent new technologies but when I connect all technologies with other technologies to communicate and share important data with each other. This is possible with only computer networking. for example all over the world access search engines, social media, video streaming, so on possible with computer networks. so this is very important to learn about computer networking.
WHAT IS A IP ADDRESS ?
- A unique identifier.
- Allows transfer of files and email .
- It works with TCP & and hence called TCP/IP.
- A data packet contain IP address transfer throw different nodes and network until it reached it’s final.
WHAT IS AN IP ?
An IP address is a string of numbers separated by periods.IP addresses are expressed as a set of four numbers-an an example address might be 126.96.36.199. each number in the set can range from 0 to 255. So, the full IP addressing range goes from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.
IP addresses are not random. they are mathematically produced and allocated by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), a division of the Internet Corporation for assigned names and numbers (ICANN).ICANN is a non-profit organization that was established in the United States in 1998 to help maintain the security of the Internet and allow it to be usable by all. each time anyone registers a domain on the internet, they go through a domain name registrar, who pays a small fee to ICANN to register the domain.
HOW DOES IP ADDRESSES WORK ?
If you want to understand why a particular device is not connecting in the way you would expect or you want to troubleshoot why your network may not be working, it helps understand how IP addresses work.
Internet protocol works the same way as any other Language, by communicating using set guidelines to pass information. all devices, find, send and exchange information with other connected devices using this protocol. By speaking the same language, any computer in any location can talk to one another.
- your device indirectly connects to the internet by connecting at first to a network connected to the internet, which then grants your device access to the internet.
- Your IP address is assigned to your device by your ISP.
- Your internet activity goes through the ISP,and they route it back to you, using your IP address.since They are giving you access to the internet,it is their role to assign an IP address to your device.
- However, your IP address can change.for example, turning your modem or router on or off can change it.or you can contact your ISP,and they can change it for you.
- When you are out and about- for example, traveling- and you take your device with you, your home IP address does not come with you.this is because you will be using another network (Wi-Fi at a hotel, airport, coffee shop etc).to access the internet and will be using a different (temporary) IP address, assigned to you by the ISP of the hotel airport or coffee shop.
TYPES OF IP ADDRESSES
- CONSUMER IP ADDRESSES: every individual or business with an Internet service plan will have two types of IP addresses and their public IP address.the term public and private relate to the network location- that is,a private IP address is used inside a network, while a public one is used outside a network.
PRIVATE IP ADDRESSES: every device that connects to your internet network has a private IP address. this includes computers, smartphones and tablets but also any Bluetooth-enabled devices like printers, Speakers or smart TVs.with the growing internet of things, the number of private IP addresses you have at home is probably growing. your router needs a way to recognize